Sunday, December 27, 2009

An Australian Christmas



I hope your Christmas was very enjoyable! Mine sure was! I couldn't sleep on Christmas Eve night, and only slept for a few hours before I woke up & waited for everyone else to wake up. Despite the fact that my parents said this Christmas was only going to be a "small" Christmas, I still got a lot of things. I am so lucky and very grateful for all the gifts I got. We of course had the traditional bacon & eggs for breakfast, which was delicious. By this time it was around 8AM, so it was time to set off to my grandma & poppy's house to give them their presents! (& receive ours, hehe.) I got Hello Kitty stuff from my grandparents - 2 purses, a cosmetics case & Hello KittyXMac cosmetics as well as a few other things! We went back home after an hour or so to begin setting up and putting out food for when our visitors arrive. The table was so long and full of all kinds of food; shortbread, chips, biscuits, lollies, chocolates & nuts. Yum! Soon everyone arrived and the Christmas party was in full swing. For lunch we had a big roast, with my dads special camp oven recipe. It was really delicious. We usually only have cold meats at Christmas because it is so hot, but this year the weather stayed under or at least aroun 30 degrees (celcius). I mainly looked after cousins two year old daughter, Skyla. She is an adorable little girl who likes to count to ten and roar like a lion! When was jumping on the trampoline, she would say, "boiiing! boiiing!". All too soon the day was over, and I was feeling exhausted (two year olds like to run around and do lots of things, you know!). I eventually went to bed and had to wake up the next morning at 7AM to go to the Boxing Day sales at the shopping centre!

The shopping centre was packed full of so many people, it was crazy! I didn't buy very much, but what I did buy I am very happy with. I got a "Classic Pooh" (Winnie the Pooh) Calendar for 50% off, as well as an Eiffel Tower necklace, pearl bracelets and another silver bracelet - all for $20. In the bookstore, I found a book in superstitions that was reduced from $45 to $9.95 as well as a Harry Potter time-turner like Hermione wears in Prisoner of Azkaban! I also went to the store today and found Gossip Girl jewelery - it was all $5 per piece on clearance, along with the Marie Antionette & Amilie movies that were on sale! Some online stores have been having sales too, and I have my eye on a few items from Charlotte Russe ... I am just hoping they ship overseas & if they do, that it's not too expensive.

I won't be online or posting until at least Thursday, because my family & I are going on a little holiday. I don't really want to go, as we go every year and it is truly very boring! My parents think it's relaxing, as there is nothing to do. But I usually do nothing, so it's boring not relaxing! Oh well, I will be watching my new movies, as well as The L Word and Gossip Girl. So I'm sure I'll be fine!

I will now leave you will a lot lot lot of pictures that I have taken of my Christmas!




This is my (somewhat) cute (but also evil) kitty, Hamish. Snuggled up with some tinsel and decorations.


This was our table setting






Choo choo - it's the Christmas Express. Delivering all the Christmas presents on time!


This is my pretty new jewelery box, along with some of the new "jewelery" I bought for cheap. Hehe.




This is my outfit for the day! I'm wearing my new dress, along with my new (& actually real!) jewelery I got from santa~ hehe.
I apologise for blocking out my face, but I've never taken photos of myself like this before so my facial expressions were rather... bad. Funny! but bad, hehe.



No comments:

Post a Comment